Once again, it’s cookie time! I would be in the wrong business if i weren’t constantly testing gluten free cookie recipes right?! These gorgeous creations are my Pistachio White Chocolate Chunk Oat Cookies. Ok let me explain this. Think oat based cookies, moulded together by caramelised raw honey with chunks of whole pistachios, white chocolate chips and bursts of lemon zest throughout, pretty impressive right?
I was originally aiming for zesty pistachio white chocolate chip cookies but the zest just wasn’t dominating enough to be worthy of the first word, lol. When you look at these and proceed to devour one, you will be thinking of how beautiful they look, i just love the combination of the pistachios and white chocolate together. Spring is just 2 weeks away here in Australia and these beauties scream spring! Woohoo! Oh how I’m going to be enjoying some warm weather coming our way soon. I love the winter and being cosy but you do begin to miss the summer sunshine. Let’s get back on track, these oat cookies are:
I adapted this recipe from my Chocolate Oat Cookies because i love to use trustworthy gluten free cookie recipes because why fix it if it ain’t broke? Well what i mean is that you can alter a previous recipe using the same base elements but switch it up with different flavours and ingredients to create a brand new yummy recipe. I just realised that this recipe doesn’t contain dark chocolate! Record this moment guys, this is rare for me. I did however still use white chocolate, you can’t tear me away from all the chocolate now!
- 2½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- ¾ cup whole pistachios, shelled
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- Juice of half medium lemon
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, zest, pistachios and chocolate chips.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, juice, honey and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form cookies, approx. 2-3 Tbsp of mixture per cookie. A bit smaller than a golf ball.
- Place them on your prepared baking tray, 1 inch apart, pressing down on them slightly.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
- Let cookies cool on tray for 10 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!