Get your Monday on with these scrumptious Cherry Ripe Bites! Decadence in one bite, delicious? YES! These beauties are raw, vegan, gluten free and coated in organic dark chocolate, woohoo! These may look time consuming because of the coated chocolate but trust me, they’re worth it! You won’t even have enough time to store them because you would have eaten them all!
Did you grow up eating the classic cherry ripe chocolate bars? They were and still are my Mum’s favourite chocolate. I did enjoy them but I was utterly in love with the honeycomb chocolates, delish! Anyway, I wanted to “try” and replicate the cherry ripe chocolates into a healthier re-creation and I guess you will be the judge of how I went!
These cherry ripe bites are so simple as they’re done in the food processor, pressed into the tin and refrigerated. Cut into small bite sized squares, dip them into your melted chocolate and set again, that’s it! Yes there is chilling time but you will also have chilling time whilst you’re waiting for the deliciousness to happen!
With only 6 ingredients, these cherry ripe bites will sure to impress anyone, especially all of you cherry ripe chocolate bar lovers out there! Are you one?
Get your Monday on with these scrumptious Cherry Ripe Bites! Decadence in one bite, delicious?
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place dates into a small heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water, enough to cover, and soak for 10 minutes. Drain off water through a fine sieve.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate into a high speed food processor, blend on high until well combined. Mixture should stick together, add more coconut flour if its too wet.
- Press mixture into prepared tin.
- Set in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight. Set in the freezer for a quicker setting time.
- Once hardened and completely set, remove from refrigerator and cut into small bite sized squares.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate over low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally whilst it melts.
- Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Keep chocolate in the bowl you used as the double boiler. Angle it slightly so the majority of the chocolate is to one side of the bowl.
- With a fork or a chocolate dipping tool, dip the squares into the chocolate to completely coat, tapping off any excess. place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining squares.
- Place tray in refrigerator until chocolate sets.
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle a little extra chocolate over each square for decoration. Place back in refrigerator until completely set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.
If you don’t enough enough melted chocolate, add more and turn on low-,medium heat to help melt extra chocolate through.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: Gluten Free, Vegan, No Bake