Looking for a quick, healthy and chocolatey sweet treat?1 These homemade hemp seed bliss balls are just that!
These plant based and high protein bliss balls are honestly so quick and simple to make that you won’t be snack-less for much longer! You will need 6 basic wholesome ingredients to make them. Including dates, hemp seeds and cacao powder. These are morish, rich and scrumptious!
Double this recipe for extra deliciousness all week long, enjoy!Print
Hemp Seed Bliss Balls! 6-ingredient high protein bliss balls featuring hemp seeds and cacao! You won’t be snack-less for much longer as these beauties are quick and easy to make!
- 1/2 cup (90g) dried pitted dates
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats, if gluten free – ensure oats are certified gluten free
- 3 Tbsp (20g) cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp (40g) hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil, soft at room temperature, not melted
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds, for rolling
- Set aside a Tupperware container that will store these bliss balls.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain and discard water.
- In a high-speed food processor, add drained dates, oats, cacao powder, first measurement of hemp seeds (4 Tbsp) and softened coconut oil.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds or until mixture softens and sticks together. Adding more coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to help the mixture stick together so the balls hold their shape.
- Place second measurement of hemp seeds (3 Tbsp + extra if needed) into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pick up approx. 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll ball in hemp seeds and place in your container. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cover container and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.
- Prep Time: 20min