Seeded Baguettes! Homemade baguettes filled with sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds. The dough itself is simple and created in one bowl. A couple hours of resting and rising time then they’re baked until golden and crisp. Serve warm straight from the oven with a dollop of butter!
- 1 sachet (7g - about 2 tsp) instant dried yeast
- 250g bread flour or all purpose plain flour
- 150ml (2/3 cup) cold water
- 1/2 tsp (5g) salt
- 2 Tbsp (25g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp (7g) sesame seeds
- 1 tsp (4g) poppy seeds
- If you HAVE a Magimix Cook Expert or similar, use this method.
- Place all ingredients into the metal bowl.
- Start the BREAD/BRIOCHE programme. Once finished, scrape down the sides. If the ingredients aren’t mixed well, restart the programme again by pressing auto.
- Now follow the steps below the next method.
- If you DON’T have a Magimix Cook Expert or similar, use this method.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently mix until a soft dough forms, you may need to use your hands for this step.
- Once your dough is formed, place it in a large, lightly floured bowl. Cover bowl with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place to rest for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour your hands and gently punch down the dough to knock the air out.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured bench top or large board. Divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a long baguette using your hands.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Gently pick up and place both baguettes onto the tray, leaving enough space between each for spreading.
- Cover tray with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Whilst the baguettes are rising, pre-heat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Half fill a rectangle loaf pan with water and set aside. This will be placed in the oven below the baguette tray.
- Once baguettes have risen, remove tea towel and lightly dust the tops with some flour.
- Take a sharp knife and score the baguettes.
- Place your loaf pan half filled with water on the oven rack below where you will be placing your baguette tray.
- Transfer baguettes (top shelf) to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden all over and when you flip them over and tap the bottom, they should sound hollow.
- Remove from oven and cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Or serve warm.
- Store baguettes in an airtight container, in a dark pantry, for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20min