Make these delicious crispy and golden fritters for a simple weekday or weekend dinner! Created with grated carrots, peas and seasoned with a generous amount of garlic and dried herbs. Top with hummus and along side a fresh garden salad!
- 2 large (230g) carrots, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (50g) frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp (40g) plain all purpose flour, for gluten free use a plain all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, to fry
- Serve with
- Hummus or yoghurt
- Fresh garden salad with leafy greens, tomato and onion + dressing if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, grate carrots. Stir through peas until well combined.
- Add flour, garlic powder, dried herbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Scoop up one heaped tablespoon of mixture and place into pan, shaping into a round then flatten into a fritter. Fit as many fritters as you can in your pan.
- Fry on high heat for 3 minutes. Then gently flip and fry for a further 3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from pan and repeat with any remaining mixture using the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Serve with hummus or yoghurt along side a fresh garden salad!
- Serve. Any leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1-2 days.