Simple homemade bliss balls infused with fresh zest and juice from lemon and orange. Sweetened with s touch of maple syrup and vanilla.
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large orange
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut, for rolling
- In a high-speed food processor, add biscuits and pulse to a chunky crumb, not a fine crumb/powder.
- Add coconut, almond meal and zest of both lemon and orange. Blend until well combined.
- Add orange juice, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend on high until well combined and mixture sticks together.
- Pour coconut for rolling into a small bowl.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a smooth bliss ball.
- Roll bliss ball into the coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20min