These delightful & delicious Chocolate Caramel Crumble Bars will leave you salivating for more!
- Chocolate Crumb
- 1 1/2 cups (220g) plain all purpose flour, may also use gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) Dutch process cocoa or natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar or raw granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce Filling
- 1 jar (365g) Barkers New Zealand Caramel Sauce, or any store-bought caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour and cocoa.
- Add coconut, sugar, coffee and salt, mix well.
- Pour over melted butter and mix until well combined, it will resemble wet sand/crumbled dough.
- Spoon a third of the crumble into lined pan and press to form the base.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top begins to turn firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the caramel sauce and spread out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle over remaining chocolate crumble.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow the slice to completely cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, carefully transfer to a board and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry, for 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 45min