- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 100g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut and sugar, mix well.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, melt together coconut oil and maple syrup until oil has completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda, whisk well and pour into oil and syrup mixture. It will begin to froth, once it does, pour into dry flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Take mixture and form into biscuits. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them to flatten into biscuits, they will spread so leave a 2-inch gap between each biscuit. NOTE: Don’t flatten them completely as they will spread even more when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4-5 days.
*I useBobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in my baked goods. It works perfectly as an exact swap for regular flour as a 1:1 ratio. You may also use any other gluten free all purpose flour or any regular wheat all purpose flour.
When forming them into biscuits, press down on each one to flatten into biscuits, but don’t flatten them completely as they will spread even more when baked.
Once removed from the oven, I like to leave mine on the tray for a good 5-10 minutes so they can cool and harden as they will be soft and delicate.
- Category: Biscuits, Gluten Free