Flavours of almond butter, maple, coconut, milk chocolate & spiced with a touch of cinnamon! Added crunch thanks to the rice puffs makes for a scrumptious chocolate snack for you and your family!
- 1 cup (260g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (80g) virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (35g) Ananda Hemp Flour* see recipe notes, I use Ananda Food Hemp Flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (100g) rice puff cereal
- Chocolate Topping
- 180g plain milk chocolate block, broken into squares
- Line a 8” x 8“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to combine.
- Gently heat mixture until almond butter has completely melted down and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir through desiccated coconut until just combined.
- Stir through hemp flour until well combined (or extra desiccated coconut if using).
- Add rice puffs 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Spoon and press mixture firmly into lined baking pan, you may want to use your hands to even out the top. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until just firm.
- Chocolate Topping
- Prepare a double boiler by placing a heat proof mixing bowl over a small pot filled just under halfway with water (ensuring the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water underneath). Place over a low-medium heat and bring the water to a simmer.
- Break chocolate into squares and place in the bowl. Gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Remove base from refrigerator and carefully pour chocolate over the top. Move the pan around to get an even layer of the chocolate or use a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a further 1-2 hours or until chocolate has completely hardened and set.
- Remove slice from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. This makes it easier for you to slice, otherwise the chocolate will crack/split as its too cold.
- Slice into even squares. Tip: Run a sharp knife under hot water for 3-5 seconds, wipe it dry and cut your slices. This will help your knife cut through the chocolate smoothly.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week - 10 days.
*If you don’t have hemp flour, simply omit the hemp flour from this recipe and replace it with a 1/4 cup extra desiccated coconut, making it 1 full cup of coconut.