The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies that are gluten-free and dairy-free that you will ever make! They taste better than the ones you buy in the stores and they are made from real ingredients! Crunchy, rich and chocolatey, you wont want to finish after just one of these.
Thank you to Angela from ‘Oh She Glows’ for creating the perfect gluten free cookie recipe. I adapted this recipe to suit me and changed some of the ingredients that i prefer to use.
If your searching for an easy gluten free and vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe and one that tastes “like the real thing” i highly recommend that you give this one a go. I make these nearly every week, my go-to sweet snack! To make these gluten free cookies extra special, melt dark chocolate and spread a layer on top of each cookie once they are baked, yum! Sam xxx
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp. filtered water
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, in it's solid state
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Dry Ingredients
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp himalayan pink salt
- 3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp almond milk, if needed to moisten mixture
- 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground flax and water and set aside for 2-3 minutes or until it has thickened up. Then whisk the flax egg one final time.
- In the same bowl with the flax egg, add the wet ingredients; solid coconut oil, almond butter, brown sugar, coconut sugar and vanilla. Beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cacao, beat the mixture well.
- Beat in the oat flour until smooth and well combined.
- If the mixture is too dry, add the almond milk, the mix must hold its shape when formed but not be too sticky either.
- Using a spatula, mix in the dark chocolate chips.
- Form cookies, approx. 2 Tbsp of mixture per cookie. Place on prepared baking tray, leaving enough room between each cookie, about 2 inches and press down on them with your hand to form a round.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies have spread and are slightly darker in colour.
- Cool cookies on tray for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container in a dry place for up to 10 days.
You can also melt dark chocolate and spread it on top of the cookies straight out of the oven and let it set.