The classic jam crumble bar slice is one of those sweet treats that the entire family love and will devour!
- 1 3/4 cups (230g) plain all-purpose flour, gluten free or regular wheat
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 200g salted butter, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (310g) store-bought or homemade strawberry jam, or jam flavour of choice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Before beginning, ensure butter is cubed and has softened to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, oats, baking powder and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add softened butter and using your hands, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until you reach a crumbly texture and all flour has been absorbed by the butter. This will take a few minutes. The crumble should stick together when pressed.
- Transfer half the crumble dough into lined pan. Press into pan to form the base.
- Pour over jam and spread out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle over remaining crumble and lightly press into the jam.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble topping has turned lightly golden and the jam is bubbling.
- Remove and cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry, for 4 days to 1 week.