Are you a toast for breakfast kind of person? I hope so! Because this Spiced Roasted Cauliflower & Hummus Toast is so heavenly, you’ll be craving it every single day.
Sometimes we need a little excitement and change when it comes to our regular meals, today we’re focusing on breakfast. Although, this toast can be enjoyed any hour of the day, it makes a great lunch idea too!
You can use which ever bread you wish, I got a little fancy and picked up a crispy loaf from the supermarket (forgot the actual name so crispy loaf it is). Sourdough is perfect for this. You can grill your bread, toast or bread, BBQ your bread or pan-fry your bread, it’s completely up to you, just as long it’s crispy and toasted. I quickly grilled it on my BBQ for an extra depth of flavour.
You then spread a GENEROUS amount of hummus over your toast – hummus is life!
Scatter over your spiced roasted cauliflower florets and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, seriously, are you excited? Are your taste buds salivating?
Taking a simple idea with classic ingredients and flavours and you have yourself one scrumptious meal! Enjoy 🙂
Spiced Roasted Cauliflower & Hummus Toast
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices sourdough bread or bread of choice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus store-bought or homemade
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Add cauliflower florets into a baking tray.
- Drizzle cauliflower with the 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle over spices, salt and pepper. Toss together until well coated.
- Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender. Mixing cauliflower halfway through roasting.
- Just before the cauliflower is finished, pre-heat grill if using to toast the bread. NOTE: doesn’t matter what method you use to toast your bread, just as long as it’s crispy and toasted.
- Spread bread slices with the 1 tablespoon of oil and place under the grill. Cook until golden and crispy on each side. Remove once toasted.
- Remove cauliflower and set aside.
- Spread toasted bread with the hummus.
- Top with roasted cauliflower.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!