Looking for a quick and simple healthy snack recipe? Perhaps if you are on the go and need something to take with you? These delicious vegan date mint balls are the answer! Whip these up in less than 20 minutes and you have yourself some very tasty energy bites.
In this recipe i soak the dates prior to using them in the processor. This method makes it easier for the processor to break up the dates and to form a smoother paste. This also provides the end product with a softer, easier to bite texture.
- 450g pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- Place dates in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them, do not fully submerge. Stir the dates and set aside for 2 minutes. This will soften the dates therefore making it easier to process them.
- In a high speed food processor, pulse almonds until broken into small pieces.
- Strain the dates and place them in the processor along with the cinnamon and peppermint essence. Process until a thick paste has formed and all ingredients are combined.
- Place coconut in a small bowl.
- Take the mixture and roll into individual balls then roll them in the coconut.
- Continue with the remaining mixture.
- Best served chilled.
- Keep date balls in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for up to 10 days.