This week i have been working on some new recipes that are of course gluten free but also raw, refined sugar free, dairy free and vegan. I find that these type of recipes are quick and easy to prepare and you have yourself a delicious, sweet treat to enjoy. Here i welcome you to my quick, simple 5-ingredient bliss ball recipe.
Today’s recipe are these yummy and sweet Sultana Coconut Bliss Balls. Refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, raw and vegan. The sultanas provide sweetness so there is no need to add any more sugar. I love how quick you can make these and they are all done in the food processor. I’m sure you all have had your fair share of bliss balls but i rarely see ones made primarily out of sultanas, also known as raisins.
I always like to refrigerate these before i eat them as i find them too soft and slightly warm, due to the soaking of the sultanas. These are also perfect for your kids to take to school as a healthy sweet snack. Enjoy these tasty bliss balls and i look forward to sharing with you more healthy sweet treats!
- 1 cup sultanas (raisins), soaked in hot water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour sultanas in a heat proof bowl, cover and soak with boiling water for 10-15min or until soft.
- Drain sultanas through a fine sieve until water is completely drained.
- Add to a high speed food processor and process on high until broken up and stuck together.
- Add coconut, almond meal and cinnamon, process until well combined and mixture sticks together.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 Tbsp of mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll in extra coconut to coat and place on prepared tray.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve and Enjoy!