Spinach, Basil and Chive Pesto (Nut Free)! With added fresh ginger and chives, this 10-ingredient homemade pesto pairs well with everything! Can also be made dairy free by replacing the parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast flakes!
- 4 packed cups (100g) fresh spinach leaves
- 2 packed cups (50g) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (3g) fresh chives
- 2 medium/large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small knob fresh ginger (3g or 1/2 teaspoon worth)
- 1/4 cup (40g) grated parmesan cheese, can also use nutritional yeast flakes for a vegan version
- 1/2 cup (95g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. half a medium sized lemon)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- In a high-speed food processor, add all ingredients.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate then scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Continue to blend on high speed until well blended and to desired consistency.
- Transfer to an airtight container or glass mason jar to store.
- Makes approx. 1 1/2 cups.
- Enjoy on toast, in salads and pastas!