When you ain’t got no snacks in the house you make protein balls! Am I right?!! Raspberry ones at that! Now I’m never one to always have protein balls on hand but I’m slowly coming around to the idea, especially delicious flavoured protein powders. These Raspberry Protein Balls are sweet, fruity and amaze-balls! Naturally gluten free and dairy free.
If you LOVE raspberries, I’m certain you will LOVE these beauties. These are the perfect pre-workout or post-workout snack that you can have as they’re filled with Harvest Industries Berry Blast Protein Powder. It’s delicious and nutritious, double winning here guys. You know me and yes I had to add melted dark chocolate. I was tossing up weather to completely dip and coat them in chocolate or do what I have shown you here and you can guess what option won.
I wanted to make these protein balls easy peezy for you and omitting that extra step of coating them in chocolate (by all means do that if you desire, I would!) and isn’t that healthier anyway?? Haha! Whip these bad boys up in no time and take them with you for an on-the-go energy snack!
Before making these for myself, I was actually hoping to bring you a new protein cupcake recipes but that unfortunately failed, don’t you hate that? They tasted absolutely incredible but didn’t rise to the occasion, if you catch my drift. So keep a watchful eye out for some sort of yummy protein cupcakes coming your way next week. I hope you enjoy these simple, tasty and healthy protein balls!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1¼ cups Harvest Industries Berry Blast Protein Powder
- 1 cup raspberries*
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed food processor.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate ingredients then process on high until well combined and mixture begins to stick together.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 Tbsp of mixture to create small round balls.
- Place on prepared baking tray, continue with remaining mixture.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle melted chocolate over each ball and place back into the refrigerator to set.
*Use fresh raspberries, otherwise thaw frozen raspberries until partly defrosted.