I’m proud to announce that this month I’m Mayver’s Official Taste Tester for July! This Instagram campaign is widely popular and i was secretly hoping i could one day be apart of it since the first time i spotted it on Instagram a few months ago. Now expect many recipes this month consisting of nuts and seeds! Because thats what Mayver’s is all about. Some of their organic, gluten free products include smooth and crunchy peanut butter, almond spread, tahini and superfood spreads. So you can only assume I’m pretty darn excited to be working with these delicious ingredients to create yummy, irresistible recipes for you. Oh and if you were ever wondering what my favourite peanut butter is that i use and trust, its Mayvers brand (no I’m not getting paid to say that, I’ve used their crunchy peanut butter for over 1 year now just after going completely gluten free!).
These chocolate coated truffles are filled with crunchy peanut butter, coconut, banana, a hint of ground cinnamon and more *drools*. I just love how easy these sweet little bites are, all prepared in your food processor, how simple is that?! Originally i was just going to coat them in desiccated coconut or nothing at all but then i had an epiphany, why not coat them entirely in chocolate?! Yes yes and yes, this recipe just got 10x more delicious and who can resist the classic relationship between peanut butter and chocolate, oh it’s magical.
Is it just me or do the ones i dusted with icing sugar remind you of christmas….? Well it is July! Lets get side tracked for a moment. For one thing, who can believe it’s actually July (my birthday month, yay!) and now you will begin to see christmas decorations come into store for those early bird christmas shoppers. I love christmas, it’s my favourite time of the entire year, but not smack bang in the middle of the year do we need to start to see it! I’m beginning to see christmas for 6 months, where is the novelty and excitement? Ok i had my rant, don’t know why I’m boring you with christmas talk when i myself don’t want to hear about it hahaha. Enjoy these wonderful peanut butter chocolate truffles, yippee!!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup Mayvers Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Coating
- 150g dark chocolate block, broken into squares
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: icing sugar for dusting
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed food processor.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate ingredients then process on high until well combined and mixture begins to stick together.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 Tbsp of mixture to create small round balls.
- Place on prepared baking tray, continue with remaining mixture.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Chocolate Coating
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil over low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally while it melts.
- Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Keep chocolate in the bowl you used as the double boiler. Angle it slightly so the majority of the chocolate is to one side of the bowl.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator.
- With a fork or a chocolate dipping tool, dip each ball into the chocolate, coating it well.
- Shake off excess chocolate, allowing it to drip back into the bowl by gently tapping the side of the fork or chocolate dipping tool.
- Gently place back onto baking tray to dry. Continue with remaining balls.
- Place truffles back into the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to completely set, approx. 45 min-1 hr.
- Optional: Dusting of icing sugar
- Serve and Enjoy!