These delights are morish, rich and created with one of the best classic combinations, chocolate and hazelnut! You may also like to think of these as healthier versions of ferrero rochers but in bliss ball form.
- 1 cup (200g) 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp (40g) cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 2/3 cup (140g) softened coconut oil, not melted
- 3/4 cup (100g) whole hazelnuts, crushed in food processor or roughly chopped, still leaving some larger chunks
- 30 whole hazelnuts, for the middle of each ball, more if needed
- Set aside a Tupperware container that will store your bliss balls.
- Add dates to a high-speed food processor and pulse until just broken down.
- To the processor, add oats, cocoa powder, coffee and softened coconut oil.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixture sticks together.
- Place crushed hazelnuts into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and slightly flatten it in your palm. Place 1 whole hazelnut in the middle and gently wrap and roll the mixture around the hazelnut so it’s enclosed in the centre.
- Roll ball in the crushed hazelnuts until well coated and place in your container. Repeat above method with remaining mixture.
- Transfer container with bliss balls to the refrigerater for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.