- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups (190g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (25g) rice puff cereal
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1/3 cup (70g) sultanas
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/4 cup (80g) almond butter
- 4 Tbsp (35g) coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/3 cup (70g) mini dark chocolate chips, I use dark chocolate drops from Organic Times
- In a high speed food processor, add oats, puffed rice, chopped almonds, flax seeds, sultanas and cinnamon. Pulse a few times until just blended.
- Pour in almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend on high until mixture comes together. To test, pick up a small amount in your hands and roll into a ball. If it still breaks apart, add more almond butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it sticks together, enough to form into balls.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse just a couple of times until they are blended through.
- Transfer mixture to a clean mixing bowl and lightly knead using your hands to bring it all together.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon worth of mixture and roll into a ball. Place in a Tupperware container. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour or until chilled and set.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.