These lusciously rich and delicious bites are a healthier version of your classic chocolate truffles. They’re free from gluten and dairy but do not compensate on flavour or texture. Created with juicy mejool dates, rich Dutch process cocoa powder, a hint of coffee and creamy coconut oil.
- 3/4 cup (120g) raw whole almonds
- 7 large (1/2 cup/140g) medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft at room temperature, not melted
- 4 Tbsp (30g) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp (16g) Dutch process cocoa powder, for rolling
- Add almonds to a high speed food processor and pulse until broken down to a crumb (refer to above image).
- Add dates, coconut oil, first measurement of cocoa powder, vanilla and coffee. Blend on high for 15-20 seconds or until mixture sticks together.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a clean tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Transfer tray to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place second measurement of cocoa powder into a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove from fridge and lightly roll truffles in cocoa powder then place in your storage container. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.