Gingerbread Truffles! One of the easiest Christmas themed sweet treats you can make this festive season! The kids will love them and the adults won’t say no!
This gingerbread truffle recipe is pretty much a rum ball recipe (without the rum) but switched up the flavour of biscuits, plain for ginger nut, that easy. You can even make these a day or two ahead of time as they keep in the refrigerator. These gingerbread truffles are one of those sweets that you can just keep going back for, that’s why it’s a great ideas to make many! As I’m sure you and your guests will devour them all in no time, am I right?!
- 2 x 200g packets ginger nut biscuits, gluten free if preferred
- 2 cups desiccated coconut, plus extra if needed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g can condensed coconut milk*
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits until it just turns to crumb, breaking down any larger pieces. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir through coconut, ginger and cinnamon.
- Gradually pour in condensed milk and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. If the mixture is too wet and doesn’t hold it’s shape when rolled into balls, keep adding more of the desiccated coconut.
- Using your hands, pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a bowl.
- Roll ball in the extra ½ cup of coconut, coat well.
- Place ball onto prepared tray. Repeat this process until all the mixture is finished.
- Set balls in the refrigerator until set, approx. 30 minutes - 1 hour.
Keep in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.