I whipped these up and i cannot believe how much they taste like christmas. Is it just me or does everyone have that particular flavour that you associate with christmas? Mine are along the lines of fruit cake, brandy cream and plum pudding, yumm! I believe the sultanas and fruit peel in this recipe give those flavours. Although, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to drizzle some brandy cream over these, it would be like the cherry on top, but trust me, these cups are perfect the way they are.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup rolled oats, gluten free
- ½ cup Terra Firma Tigernut Flour, Whole Ground*
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Terra Firma Tigernuts Peeled Snack**
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp mixed peel, lemon & orange
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 1 Tbsp dairy free chocolate bits, i used Organic Times Choc Drops
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 24 hole mini cupcake pan with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana and mix through applesauce.
- Add oats, ground flour and maple syrup, mix until combined.
- Add peeled snack, almonds, mixed peel, goji berries, sultanas and choc bits, stir to combine.
- Mix through baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla and stir mixture until well combined.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon mixture into prepared mini baking pan. Evenly distributing the mixture, you can fill the cups to the top, as they do not rise too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and the cups come away from the sides.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
** You can purchase tigernuts peeled snack here. Or alternatively, use chopped walnuts or chopped pecans.
Fruit & Nut Christmas Cups will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry for 1 week to 10 days.