Another Monday another peanut butter and chocolate recipe! I hope I’m not boring you too much… but if you haven’t realised yet, I’m completely obsessed with PB and chocolate together. That I’m also July’s taste tester for Mayver’s, exciting times which involves everything and anything sweet containing nuts! Now i haven’t made or consumed many fudge recipes in my time but it’s just so easy and delicious that its hard not too.
I decided to use Mayver’s Dark Roasted Smooth Peanut Butter in this gluten free and dairy free fudge. It offers another depth of flavour compared to your traditional crunchy peanut butter. This beauty is also vegan if you choose to use condensed coconut milk and vegan dark chocolate, how good is that?! Condensed coconut milk acts the same way as condensed milk, this fudge sets completely and is so incredibly smooth and dreamy when you take your first bite.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter together…forever…
Once you have made this beautiful fudge and melted all the ingredients together, set it in the freezer for a few hours or ideally overnight. I like to store it in the refrigerator after cutting it into squares because its just a tad too frozen coming straight out of the freezer. Hot tip: dip your sharp knife into a glass of hot water, wipe excess water off then slice into your fudge. This method will make your life easier when cutting the fudge. Go on now, get melting and enjoy!
- 1 x 320g can condensed coconut milk*
- 1 x 200g dark chocolate block, broken into pieces
- ⅔ cup Mayver’s dark roasted smooth peanut butter
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients together in a medium sized saucepan.
- Melt ingredients together over medium/high heat whilst stirring.
- Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Set in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer once completely set.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*I found my condensed coconut milk at Woolworths (in Australia). Try your local supermarket or health food store.
To make it easier to cut into squares, dip a sharp knife into hot water, wipe off excess water and slice.
Store in an airtight container, in the freezer or refrigerator, for 1 - 2 weeks.
Before serving, let fudge sit at room temperature, this will make it easier to eat.