The classic chocolate ball, this recipe has been in my family for as long as i can remember, but i adapted the original recipe to create what you see here. Originally they were ‘Rum Balls’ so essentially they are rum balls, i just omitted the rum. Equally delicious and they are perfect for the entire family.
You will love how easy these are to re-create, another gem to add to your collection, weather you enjoy to bake on sunday’s or quickly whip them up during the week for a tasty treat and add them to the kids school lunches, they will love them! Sam xxx
- 2 packets plain biscuits (gluten free)*
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Place the 1/2 cup coconut into a small bowl.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits until a crumb, not too fine. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in coconut and cacao and mix until all combined.
- Pour in condensed milk and mix thoroughly, until all dry ingredients are coated well.
- Using your hands, pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a bowl.
- Roll ball in the extra coconut, coat well.
- Place ball onto prepared tray. Repeat this process until all the mixture is finished.
- Set coconut cacao balls in the refrigerator until set, approx. 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Keep in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
* I use plain gluten free Arrowroot biscuits. Any Plain sweet biscuit/cookie will do.
- Category: Gluten Free