Citrus Bliss Balls! Simple homemade bliss balls infused with fresh zest and juice from lemon and orange. Sweetened with s touch of maple syrup and vanilla.
Whip up a batch of these lemon and citrus bliss balls in your food processor, it’s that easy! Keep these in your refrigerator or pantry so they’re ready for you to grab one when you’re peckish for a snack.Print
Simple homemade bliss balls infused with fresh zest and juice from lemon and orange. Sweetened with s touch of maple syrup and vanilla.
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large orange
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut, for rolling
- In a high-speed food processor, add biscuits and pulse to a chunky crumb, not a fine crumb/powder.
- Add coconut, almond meal and zest of both lemon and orange. Blend until well combined.
- Add orange juice, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend on high until well combined and mixture sticks together.
- Pour coconut for rolling into a small bowl.
- Pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a smooth bliss ball.
- Roll bliss ball into the coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 4-5 days.