It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!! Christmas and the festive is season is officially upon us because it’s 2 weeks today until Christmas Day! WooHoo! Anyone else excited as I am?? Christmas is my favourite time of year and if you haven’t already, I have released my first ever eCookBook in the theme of Christmas, check it out here!
These delightful and delicious beauties are my gluten free “healthy” version of Christmas Pudding Truffles, excited?! They taste exactly like plum puddings, just minus the brandy cream! They are super simple to make as they are all prepared in the food processor (aren’t those the best recipes?!) Gluten free and completely vegan, talk about winning!
You can also add any additional topping if you wish, such as a dusting of icing sugar or cocoa and you can get a little fancy and add a mint leaf and a cherry for a true Christmas looking sweet treat! Enjoy!
- 300g dried mixed fruit, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes, drained
- ¼ cup glaće cherries
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Drain water from soaked fruit.
- Add soaked fruit to a high speed food processor, blend on high until broken up.
- To the processor, add cherries, almond meal, sugar, spice and vanilla, blend on high until well combined. Mixture should stick together and hold it’s shape when formed into balls. Add more almond meal if needed.
- Pick up approx. 1-2 tablespoons of mixture, form a ball, place on prepared tray, repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!