Chai.Chocolate.Truffles. Need I say more?
I’ll be honest and say I never thought of combining chocolate and chai together but let me tell you, IT’S AMAZING!!
If you love chai and I’m sure you love chocolate, these truffles are a must try for you! Such a super simple recipe that only requires 3 ingredients to make and a cocoa powder for dusting – completely optional step though.
You can also make these truffles 100% vegan by using dairy free and vegan dark chocolate because you will be using coconut cream instead of regular cream, so much better!
My favourite chai at the moment is from West End Tea Co. and their Vanilla Spiced Chai, which I used in these truffles. You may also use any loose leaf chai you desire. If you make up your own chai mix, that will work too. Flexible recipes are the best aren’t they?!
I’ve been snacking on these beauties all week, since I made them on the weekend and you don’t have to feel guilty because they are gluten free and vegan! Although they do contain chocolate, it’s dark chocolate and they say dark chocolate has many health benefits right? Hehe 😉 Enjoy these delicious chai chocolate truffles!!
- Finely chop chocolate and add to a large heat-proof mixing bowl or a glass bowl.
- Combine coconut cream and chai in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Gently heat cream until bubbles begin to appear around the edges of the pot. Reduce heat to low and let mixture steep for 10 minutes.
- Once steeped, remove from heat and strain cream through a fine mesh sieve, discard chai.
- Pour cream over chopped chocolate and leave mixture untouched for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir chocolate into cream until completely melted and smooth.
- Set mixture in refrigerator until completely set. Approx. 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Once set and firm, pick up approx. 1 tablespoon worth and roll into balls. You may want to use gloves for this step.
- Place on lined tray and repeat this method with remaining mixture.
- Dust over cocoa powder.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Find dairy free dark chocolate at your local health food store.