On the hunt for that quick, tasty, easy snack?! I got you covered with these delicious 5 ingredient bliss balls!
Guys!! It’s Friday already??!! Sidetracking for a moment, did you read my post from yesterday for my kombucha spider? I mentioned how the weeks and days just roll into one and I guess that has altered my brain cells because I was wishing you a happy Hump-Day but I published it yesterday, yesterday was Thursday, lol. I felt the need to tell you guys that because it’s a little funny yeah..?
Thank goodness it’s Friday…
I’m super excited to start creating more easy recipes such as these yummy 5 ingredient fruit and nut bliss balls. The perfect quick snack to be enjoyed by everyone! Add them to your kids school lunch boxes and enjoy them as a quick pick-me-up snack throughout your busy day. These beauties would also be perfect to take travelling! Airplane snacks anyone?!
Another fun delicious version of these are my Chocolate Cacao Balls aka rum-less rum balls!
I seriously whipped these up in less than 20 minutes, if that! All done in your food processor, roll them and refrigerate until set! YES! Done and dusted, you will have yourself and your family + friends covered in the snack department. Bonus benefits of these snack bliss balls are that they’re gluten free and vegan! Not nut free through. If you’re looking for a nut free version of these, just substitute the almonds for another packet of the biscuits or sunflower seeds! Simple!
I’m going to go off and sneak a few more of these yummy balls before I get caught! Enjoy my friends!!
- 1 pkt (200g) plain gluten free arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup almonds*
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup goji berries
- 1 cup (150g) condensed coconut milk **
- ¼ - ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, crush biscuits until they turn to a chunky crumb, not too fine. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add almonds to processor and pulse until all broken up, leaving a few larger pieces. Add to crushed biscuits.
- Stir through desiccated coconut.
- Pour in condensed coconut milk and mix thoroughly, until all dry ingredients are coated well.
- Using your hands, pick up approx. 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a bowl.
- Roll ball in coating desiccated coconut.
- Place ball onto prepared tray. Repeat this process with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate balls until set, approx. 30 minutes - 1 hour.
*For a nut free version, substitute the almond for another packet of biscuits or an equal amount of sunflower seeds.
**You can find coconut condensed milk at your local supermarket or health food store. You may also use regular condensed milk for a dairy version.