S’mores Ice-Cream!! Ohh yessss, you best believe your eyes! Rich chocolate dairy free ice-cream with marshmallows folded through to combine those classic s’mores flavours!
I finally got around to making ice-cream from scratch but not with some help! I used a recipe from Minimalist Baker because Dana is absolutely incredible, let’s just be honest here! I had to turn to the professional vegan and no-churn ice-cream maker for me to actually achieve ice-cream from scratch haha! That’s until I figure this science out for myself but you know what, this recipe is absolute perfection!!
I also used these wonderful gluten free ice-cream cones from Altimate Foods! Basically the only decent sized gluten free cones that I have discovered, now this is just great news hey? I also drizzled chocolate and sprinkled biscuit crumb on the top edge of the cones because you need that biscuit with your s’mores!!
- 2 x 400g cans coconut cream, chilled in refrigerator overnight
- 350g pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 3-4 Tbsp hot water
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder, I use Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, vegan if preferred
- Ice-cream cones, I use Altimate Gluten Free Cones
- Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a large mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Drain water from soaked dates and place dates in a high-speed food processor, pulse on high until just broken up.
- Add hot water, one tablespoon at a time, with the processor running until the dates turn into a thick smooth paste. Set aside.
- Remove mixing bowl from freezer and without shaking or tipping the coconut cream cans, spoon only the thick part of the cream into the bowl. Discard liquid or save it for another recipe.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached or a large mixing bowl using a hand beater, beat cream until smooth and creamy.
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, milk and half the thick date paste. Slowly beat to combine the ingredients into the cream. Add renaming half of date paste and beat on high until well combined and fluffy.
- Fold through marshmallows.
- Spoon mixture into lined loaf pan, smoothing out the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 4-6 hours until frozen or overnight.
- Optional: drizzle a little melted dark chocolate on the top edge of your ice-cream cones and sprinkle some crushed biscuit crumb over the chocolate.
- When ready to serve, let ice-cream defrost on kitchen sink for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Scoop into ice-cream cones. Optional: Using a kitchen lighter gun, carefully toast any visible marshmallows in ice-cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Minimalist Baker - the best!! Thank you Dana, you’re a genius!