This delightful slice is no-bake and infused with peppermint essential oil in both the base and topping. The chocolate base is a simple 5-ingredient biscuit mixture using Dutch cocoa powder and peppermint oil. The topping is only 2-ingredients, white chocolate and more peppermint!
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup (30g) Dutch process cocoa powder, or natural cocoa powder
- 80g butter (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (40g) pure maple syrup
- 4–5 drops peppermint essential oil, I use Young Living Essential Oils or you can use peppermint extract, keeping in mind that extract is not as potent, so you may want to add more
- 200g white chocolate block of choice, broken into squares, I use Cadbury baking white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (30g) coconut oil
- 3–4 peppermint essential oil, I use Young Living Essential Oils or you can use peppermint extract, keeping in mind that extract is not as potent, so you may want to add more
- Line a 9 inch x 5 inch rectangle/loaf baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits into crumb, not too fine, still leaving some larger chunks. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in cocoa, melted butter, maple syrup and peppermint essential oil. Add more or less essential oil if desired, just taste test the mixture! Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into lined pan and press into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until just set.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted, turn off heat.
- Add peppermint essential oil, adding more or less if desired, just taste test the chocolate! Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Remove base from refrigerator.
- Pour melted chocolate over the base. Pick up the pan and gently move around so chocolate spreads into an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate for a further 2-3 hours or until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Before slicing, remove from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes so the chocolate slightly softens, making it easier to cut through. You may also want to run your knife under hot water for a few seconds, wipe it dry, then slice easily into the chocolate.
- Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.