We have been making these brownies for a long time now and I had a brilliant light bulb idea moment! To finally share it with you!! Duh! Introducing Slivered Almond Brownies! Filled with real chocolate, coconut oil (good fats!), almond meal and more! How seriously easy are these you ask?? Easy Peezy! I wouldn’t have it any other way and I know you would’t want it any other way.
Do these almond brownies scream Donna Hay?! Or is that just me? I got this recipe from the wonderful Love and Olive Oil blog with a few changes of my own. These are too wonderful not to share with you as I know you will love them! Super simple to prepare along with tasty and wholesome ingredients.
Sometimes you need a change from the very fudgy chocolatey brownies and these almond brownies are just that, not too fudgy! You’ll love the combination of real chocolate and cacao being used together to create absolute chocolate goodness. The cooking chocolate is melting with the coconut oil to create this smooth luxurious chocolate sauce. You will then fold this delicious melted chocolate through your dry ingredients, add your slivered almonds, pour into your baking tin and sprinkle it with extra slivered almond because the more the merrier! Is it sounding delicious and delightful to you right now??
Yesterday I decided to push myself to go on a complete health kick but do you really think that started today with these brownies around my personal space…. no! You’re right, it didn’t. Although I did make a nourishing smoothie for breakfast and finished the day off with corn chips, chocolate and these brownies, oh no! Tomorrow might be better hey? But I do unfortunately have Donuts on the baking list for tomorrow, wish me luck!
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ salt
- 115g dark cooking chocolate
- 100g coconut oil, solid
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature then lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cups slivered almonds
- ⅓-1/2 cup slivered almonds for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, cacao and salt, mix well and set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and shiny.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and add sugar, mix until dissolved.
- Set chocolate mixture aside to cool slightly before adding eggs, approx. 10 mins.
- Stir through vanilla.
- Pour in lightly whisked eggs, mix until well combined.
- Add dry mixture into chocolate mixture, gently folding until just combined, do not over mix.
- Fold through first measurement of slivered almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared baking tin.
- Sprinkle desired amount of extra slivered almonds for topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownie springs back when touched or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.