Sesame Chocolate Bites! Chewy and crispy all in one! Under 10-ingredients and no baking required! A simple chocolatey sweet treat for you!
- 1 1/2 cups (140g) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (25g) rice puffs, such as rice puff cereal or brown rice puffs
- 2 Tbsp (20g) sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp (40g) pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3/4 cup (170g) tahini
- 1/3 cup (100g) + 2 Tbsp (60g) rice malt syrup
- 350g dark chocolate block, dairy free if desired
- 1 Tbsp (15g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to decorate
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, rice puffs, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small pot over low heat, add tahini and rice malt syrup. Using a wooden spoon, mix until well blended and melted through. Ensuring mixture doesn’t bubble. The mixture will become quite thick, remove from heat once blended together.
- Pour melted tahini mixture over the dry ingredients, incorporating everything well using a wooden spoon. It will begin to stick together and hold it’s shape when rolled into balls. If not, add an extra tablespoon of rice malt syrup until it holds.
- Press mixture into lined pan, evening out the top using your hands or a spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until very firm.
- Remove from pan and slice into small bite sized squares. Placing the squares on a lined tray. NOTE: if your house is warm, I recommend placing your squares in the freezer for 20 minutes before dipping into the chocolate so they don’t soften and fall apart in the warm chocolate.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Place one square into the chocolate and coat well. Using a fork, pick up the square and allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, wiping the base along the side of the bowl.
- Place back onto lined tray. Repeat this process with remaining squares.
- Sprinkle a little sesame seeds on the chocolate if desired.
- Return to refrigerator until chocolate has hardened.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.