Hello! I hope you’re all doing well. I have wanted to post this divine raw, no bake matcha bars for you all week but do you think i got around to it? Nope! I’ve had a very busy week at work and i had the worst hayfever, couldn’t even open my eyes to work on the computer. Ok enough complaining, here i am with a brand new recipe!
Raw, vegan, no bake, healthy, delicious matcha coconut bars, have i got you on board? I love these simple recipes where you can get super creative and chuck whatever is tasty and nutritious into your food processor and off you go! These vegan matcha bars were a hit with my family, did i mention you can drizzle melted dark chocolate all over them? I mean, go wild with the chocolate, i did!
Feel free to add more matcha powder if you desire. I found 3 tsp gave me the green colour and a hint of the flavour, completely up to you! For this recipe i used Kenko’s Cooking Grade Matcha Tea Powder. I’m a huge fan of using Matcha in baking, it provides you with 137 x more antioxidants than regular green tea, how amazing is that?! Check out my Matcha Chocolate Cupcakes for another delicious baked good using matcha powder.
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup L.S.A (ground linseed, sunflower seed & almonds)
- ⅓ walnuts
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, room temp
- 35g dark chocolate, melted
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, aside.
- In a high speed food processor, add all ingredients.
- Process on high until ingredients combine and mixture sticks together. Add more coconut oil if the mixture needs help sticking.
- Press evenly into your prepared pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from pan and drizzle melted chocolate all over, before cutting into bars.
- Chocolate should set within a few minutes or place back into the refrigerator until set.
- Slice into long bars.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Bars will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week - 10 days.