- 1 cup (270g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 100g (6 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 3 tsp matcha powder, I use Zen Wonders Culinary Matcha Powder
- 3 cups (125g) rice puff cereal
- Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add almond butter, maple syrup and butter.
- Gently heat mixture, whilst stirring with a wooden spoon, until almond butter has completely melted down and the mixture is smooth and shiny. Ensure it doesn’t boil, keep on a low gradual heat.
- Remove from heat and sift over matcha powder. Mix until well combined, dissolving any remaining powdery lumps.
- Gradually add rice puffs, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into lined baking pan and refrigerate until completely set, approx. 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.