These crispy bars filled with almond butter, matcha powder and more will leave you craving for another batch. These are no bake so will literally take you minutes to whip it up quickly so you can get it into your refrigerator to start setting.
5-ingredients and 1 pot is all that is required for you to make these matcha crisp bars. The perfect week day snack for your busy schedules.
- 1 cup (270g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 100g (6 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 3 tsp matcha powder, I use Zen Wonders Culinary Matcha Powder
- 3 cups (125g) rice puff cereal
- Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add almond butter, maple syrup and butter.
- Gently heat mixture, whilst stirring with a wooden spoon, until almond butter has completely melted down and the mixture is smooth and shiny. Ensure it doesn’t boil, keep on a low gradual heat.
- Remove from heat and sift over matcha powder. Mix until well combined, dissolving any remaining powdery lumps.
- Gradually add rice puffs, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into lined baking pan and refrigerate until completely set, approx. 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.