Want to know a match made in heaven? Hazelnuts and chocolate!
Although this slice is not overly chocolatey, there’s just the right amount to compliment the hazelnut flavoured base. So it doesn’t just taste like Nutella, it has it’s own identity and is super yummy!
The chocolate hazelnut topping is delectable, crunchy and morish, now can you say no to that? There’s only 10-ingredients needed to make this no-bake slice and I’m sure you’re just as excited as I am to share it with you.
I love to provide you with recipes that are ideal for snacking and I think I have achieved it here with this recipe, hope you enjoy!
- 2 x 200g packets arrowroot biscuits, gluten free if preferred
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ½ cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp canned coconut condensed milk*
- 200g dark chocolate block, broken into squares
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped for extra over topping
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, add both packets of the biscuits and process until it turns to crumb, not too fine. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the biscuits, add hazelnut meal, chopped hazelnuts, maple syrup, vanilla and condensed coconut milk.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, you may find it easier to mix it using your hands.
- Evenly press the mixture into the lined pan and place into the refrigerator.
- Half fill a small pot with water and put over a medium heat.
- Place a medium-large heat proof bowl over the pot.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into the bowl and gently melt it down, stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove chocolate from heat and stir through chopped hazelnuts until well combined.
- Remove base from refrigerator and pour chocolate hazelnut mixture over the top, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle extra ½ cup chopped hazelnuts over the top.
- Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes - 1 hour or until chocolate topping is completely set.
- Lift out from pan and cut into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*You can find canned coconut condensed milk in your supermarket or health food store. I usually find it in my supermarket in the Asian grocery aisle.