Gluten Free Classic Chocolate Brownies! These homemade brownies are rich, thick and free from gluten. A touch of coffee enhances the flavour of the cocoa making these brownies incredibly delectable!
With a simple 3-step method, you’ll find these brownies are easy to prepare and quick to bake. They turn out slightly crinkly on top and fudgy in the middle. Serve them warm after coming out of the oven or allow them to cool and enjoy later. For dessert, serve with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream!
These homemade brownies are rich, thick and free from gluten. A touch of coffee enhances the flavour of the cocoa making these brownies incredibly delectable!
- 1/2 cup (75g) gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (3g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee granules
- Pinch of salt
- 180g plain dark chocolate, I use Cadbury baking chocolate or Lindt
- 100g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs (each weighing approx. 65g in shell), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (115g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºC). Line a 9” inch x 9” inch square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking powder, coffee and salt. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Break chocolate into squares and place in the bowl along with the coconut oil. Gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted and smooth, remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add room temperature eggs. You may also use an electric hand beater with a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the eggs. Whisk on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until thickened in texture and slightly pale. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs. Whisk until combined, about 10 seconds.
- Add dry flour mixture and whisk on low speed until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed. The batter will be quite thick and rich.
- Pour batter into lined pan, spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set and cracks have appeared on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Or serve warm!
- Slice into squares and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container, in a dark pantry, for 4-6 days.