Happy Monday you guys! I’m kick starting this brand new week with a spankin brand new recipe! Get excited!
Today we are getting down and dirty with this delicious chocolate mess! Chocolate Passionfruit Brownies! Oh my goodness gosh, these beauties are so epic that we just need take a moment to appreciate them….
Ok, so I took my recipe for these glorious Slivered Almond Brownies and altered it slightly to infuse passionfruit pulp through them, I know I know, it sounds absolutely amazing! I know you can’t wait to get your hands on one these beauties! Do you love passionfruit?! This combination of chocolate and passionfruit just came to me last week (in the form of brownies) and I had to get onto creating a recipe ASAP!
If you’re going to be serving these brownies pretty much as soon as they’re cooled, or still warm (omg yummy, I haven’t tried them warm but that sounds pretty incredible hey?) you can pour a little extra passionfruit pulp over each slice, as per the images. I must say though. I’m still enjoying these brownies today and I made them 3 days ago and they still taste great with the pulp on them, just sitting in an airtight container, in the pantry.
If you choose not to add the extra passionfruit pulp over the brownies, thats when you can truly appreciate the chocolate passionfruit flavour combination. This is because you won’t have the extra pulp on top and you can taste the infused passionfruit throughout the brownies and it’s just marvellous. Go on, what are you waiting for?! Enjoy!!
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 100g dark cooking chocolate
- 20g coconut oil, solid
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 125g (1/2 cup) passionfruit pulp in syrup
- 3 eggs, room temperature & lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Extra (50g) passion fruit pulp in syrup for topping/decoration
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, cacao and salt, mix well and set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and shiny.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and add sugar, mix until dissolved. Stir through vanilla.
- Set chocolate mixture aside to cool slightly before adding eggs, approx. 10 mins.
- Stir through passionfruit pulp then gently fold in whisked eggs until well combined.
- Gently fold dry mixture into chocolate mixture, until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies springs back when touched or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve with or without extra passionfruit pulp.