6-Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Slice! Can be created gluten free! They make for great work and school lunchbox snacks!
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 3 Tbsp (20g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (325g) sweetened condensed milk
- 200g milk chocolate baking block, or any milk chocolate block, broken into squares
- 2–3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits into crumb, not too fine, still leaving some larger chunks. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in cocoa and coconut, mix until well combined.
- Gradually pour in condensed milk and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon, until all dry ingredients are coated well.
- Spoon mixture into lined pan and press into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add chocolate to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted, turn off heat.
- Remove slice from refrigerator.
- Carefully pour melted chocolate over the base. Pick up the pan and gently move around so chocolate spreads into an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate just begins to set. Remove and sprinkle over desired amount of desiccated coconut, I used approx. 2 tablespoons.
- Return to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until completely hardened or best overnight to allow base to firm up.
- Before slicing, remove from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes so the chocolate slightly softens, making it easier to cut through.
Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.