This is THE BEST no-bake Chocolate Coconut Slice I have created and I’m so EXCITED to share it with you!
I basically took my recipe for these cacao “rum” balls and turned it into a slice with melted milk chocolate on top and it’s absolute perfection!
Perfect lunchbox sweet chocolate snack
It’s not completely healthy as you do use sweetened condensed milk but I always think of these sweet treats a exactly that, little sweet treats that are meant to be indulgent for you. Yes we can make and enjoy our more healthy snacks but this particular chocolate coconut slice is classic using at home ingredients. Very simple to make and easy to wrap up and add to work and school lunch boxes.
I used plain gluten free arrowroot biscuits for the base but if you cannot find them, just use any plain biscuit from the supermarket, such as plain digestive biscuits. Either regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements.
Enjoy this scrumptious Chocolate Coconut Slice friends, I know you will!Print
6-Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Slice! Can be created gluten free! They make for great work and school lunchbox snacks!
- 1 packet (200g) plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free or regular), or any plain biscuits such as digestive biscuits
- 3 Tbsp (20g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (325g) sweetened condensed milk
- 200g milk chocolate baking block, or any milk chocolate block, broken into squares
- 2–3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, crush biscuits into crumb, not too fine, still leaving some larger chunks. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in cocoa and coconut, mix until well combined.
- Gradually pour in condensed milk and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon, until all dry ingredients are coated well.
- Spoon mixture into lined pan and press into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add chocolate to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted, turn off heat.
- Remove slice from refrigerator.
- Carefully pour melted chocolate over the base. Pick up the pan and gently move around so chocolate spreads into an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate just begins to set. Remove and sprinkle over desired amount of desiccated coconut, I used approx. 2 tablespoons.
- Return to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until completely hardened or best overnight to allow base to firm up.
- Before slicing, remove from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes so the chocolate slightly softens, making it easier to cut through.
Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.