These delightful & delicious Chocolate Caramel Crumble Bars will leave you salivating for more! The classic crumble dough with added cocoa turns this recipe into chocolate heaven! Filled with a layer of velvety smooth caramel sauce that you don’t even have to make from scratch.
The chocolate crumble is easy done in one bowl, no electric beater required. The touch of coffee allows the the cocoa to shine to the next level. A pinch of salt to cut through the indulgent chocolate and pairs beautifully with the caramel sauce filling.
Serve this scrumptious caramel chocolate slice with your morning or afternoon cuppa! Enjoy 🙂Print
These delightful & delicious Chocolate Caramel Crumble Bars will leave you salivating for more!
- Chocolate Crumb
- 1 1/2 cups (220g) plain all purpose flour, may also use gluten free plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) Dutch process cocoa or natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar or raw granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce Filling
- 1 jar (365g) Barkers New Zealand Caramel Sauce, or any store-bought caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºC). Line a 9” x 9“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour and cocoa.
- Add coconut, sugar, coffee and salt, mix well.
- Pour over melted butter and mix until well combined, it will resemble wet sand/crumbled dough.
- Spoon a third of the crumble into lined pan and press to form the base.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top begins to turn firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the caramel sauce and spread out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle over remaining chocolate crumble.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow the slice to completely cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, carefully transfer to a board and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry, for 5 days.