Traditional chai spices blended through dark chocolate and combined with coconut, hazelnuts and dried cranberries. Sprinkled with mini marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa powder, yay!
- 400g dark chocolate of choice, broken into squares
- 1/3 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup (60g) whole raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried cranberries
- 60g small marshmallows cut in half or mini marshmallows
- Line a 9” x 12“ rectangle baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with a heat proof mixing bowl over simmering water.
- Add dark chocolate to the bowl and gently melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, reduce heat to low and stir through coconut.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix until well combined.
- Stir through chopped hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into lined pan, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle over halved marshmallows (or mini marshmallows if using). Pressing them into the chocolate slightly.
- Dust a light layer of cocoa powder over the top.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until completely hardened.
- Remove from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. This will soften the chocolate slightly, making it easier for you to slice through.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.