Almond & Milk Chocolate No-Bake Slice! Flavours of almond butter, maple, coconut, milk chocolate & spiced with a touch of cinnamon! Added crunch thanks to the rice puffs makes for a scrumptious chocolate snack for you and your family!
Easy melt and mix methods for both the base & topping. Using staple at home ingredients, yay!
I used hemp flour in the base of the slice. You can find hemp flour from your local health food store or online. If you don’t have access to hemp flour, please refer to the recipe notes where you will find a substitute, you basically just need more desiccated coconut, easy!
Enjoy friends, Sam x
Flavours of almond butter, maple, coconut, milk chocolate & spiced with a touch of cinnamon! Added crunch thanks to the rice puffs makes for a scrumptious chocolate snack for you and your family!
- 1 cup (260g) almond butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (80g) virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (35g) Ananda Hemp Flour* see recipe notes, I use Ananda Food Hemp Flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (100g) rice puff cereal
- Chocolate Topping
- 180g plain milk chocolate block, broken into squares
- Line a 8” x 8“ square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low-medium heat, add almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to combine.
- Gently heat mixture until almond butter has completely melted down and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir through desiccated coconut until just combined.
- Stir through hemp flour until well combined (or extra desiccated coconut if using).
- Add rice puffs 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Spoon and press mixture firmly into lined baking pan, you may want to use your hands to even out the top. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until just firm.
- Chocolate Topping
- Prepare a double boiler by placing a heat proof mixing bowl over a small pot filled just under halfway with water (ensuring the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water underneath). Place over a low-medium heat and bring the water to a simmer.
- Break chocolate into squares and place in the bowl. Gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once completely melted and smooth, turn off heat.
- Remove base from refrigerator and carefully pour chocolate over the top. Move the pan around to get an even layer of the chocolate or use a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a further 1-2 hours or until chocolate has completely hardened and set.
- Remove slice from pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. This makes it easier for you to slice, otherwise the chocolate will crack/split as its too cold.
- Slice into even squares. Tip: Run a sharp knife under hot water for 3-5 seconds, wipe it dry and cut your slices. This will help your knife cut through the chocolate smoothly.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week – 10 days.
*If you don’t have hemp flour, simply omit the hemp flour from this recipe and replace it with a 1/4 cup extra desiccated coconut, making it 1 full cup of coconut.