Ohhh Hey!! I just have to jump straight into and and say how great do these Honey Soy and Garlic Vegetable Skewers look?! A very simple dish that is also incredibly delicious and flavoursome. These vegetable skewers are perfect for all you vegetarians and vegans because they don’t use any meat, at all! Of course when you think of skewers or kebabs (same thing right?!) you always think of meat, same here! I was a HUGE lover of honey soy chicken kebabs back in the day when I used to be a carinivore, ohhh they were so tasty, especially served on a bed of rice.
These honey soy and garlic vegetable skewers can be transformed into anything you desire. I’m talking about any type of vegetable you wish to add. I do recommend you marinate your vegetables in the classic honey soy and garlic marinade because it’s so amazing, am I right?! Drool worthy is clearly appropriate here you guys. The only down side to these skewers would be in the preparation. They look and sound easy but it’s slightly time consuming threading your vegetables onto each skewer then playing the waiting game for them to marinate, remember, good things come to those who wait!
It’s coming into summer time here in Australia and I’m already excited and getting prepared, food wise and fashion wise, oh my goodness I’m running out of time! Side track: who here agrees with me when some warm weather comes along after a long cold winter and you’re NOT PREPARED! I’m referring to clothing (I see you nodding your head right now!). Ok ok, where was I?? Food! These scrumptious marinated skewers are absolutely perfect for those upcoming summer BBQ’s and the festive season, yay!
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large corn on the cob
- 1 small/medium red capsicum
- 12 cherry tomatoes, approx. 1 punnet
- ⅓ cup store bought honey soy and garlic marinade/sauce
- Wooden skewers
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- Chop zucchini, eggplant and corn into rounds. Chop capsicum into large pieces.
- Place all chopped vegetables into a mixing bowl and pour marinade over vegetables, mix until well coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and begin threading vegetables on skewers, alternating between each vegetable, set aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or BBQ over medium-high heat.
- Fry/grill skewers until evenly cooked on all sides.
- Serve immediately or store uncooked skewers in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to use.