Crispy Pesto Dressed Potatoes with Pine Nuts make for a wonderful side to your evening dinners. These potatoes are incredibly easy and loaded with fresh flavours thanks to the homemade pesto.
All you need to do is roast your potatoes in either an air-fryer or traditionally with your oven. If you have an air-fryer, this is a wonderful opportunity to quickly roast your potatoes since they cook quicker than in your oven.
You will also being making a batch of homemade pesto! You’re welcome to purchase a store bought green pesto for your potatoes but if you have all these ingredients already on hand, why not make to fresh? Pesto is so healthy and if you even grow your own leafy greens and herbs, this is perfect for you to make!
Not much else to say about these delicious flavourful pesto potatoes other than, ENJOY! Sam x
Crispy Pesto Dressed Potatoes with Pine Nuts make for a wonderful side to your evening dinners. These potatoes are incredibly easy and loaded with fresh flavours thanks to the homemade pesto!
- Roasted Potatoes
- 1kg white washed potatoes or Dutch cream potatoes, washed with skin left on
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packed cups (50g) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 packed cup (30g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp (20g) grated parmesan cheese, can also use nutritional yeast flakes for a vegan version
- 1/4 cup (50g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts.
- Roasted Potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Or alternatively, if you have an air fryer, you can use this too on 200ºC (400ºF), which cooks the potatoes a lot faster!
- Half each potato by slicing them in half lengthways, not widthways. Then slice each half again lengthways. Place in a large roasting pan or oven tray (or air fryer basket).
- Drizzle over oil and toss to lightly coat.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden, crispy and roasted well. If you’re using an air fryer, cook for about 15-20 minutes or until well roasted and golden.
- Toss the potatoes halfway through roasting.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto.
- In a high-speed food processor, add all pesto ingredients, except the pine nuts.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate then scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Continue to blend on high speed until well blended and to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are roasted, transfer them to a large heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Pour over pesto and gently mix/toss until potatoes are well coated in the pesto.
- Spoon potatoes onto a serving plate or bowl. Sprinkle over pine nuts, adding more if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.