These wholesome bars are loaded with a variety of nutritious and delicious seeds, spices, salt and with warmed honey to stick it altogether!
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (70g) hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup (60g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (190g) honey
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the honey. Coconut, pumpkin, sunflower, hemp and chia seeds. Then spices, cinnamon, cardamon and sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, add honey and put over a low-medium heat. Heat through until honey is warm to the touch and thinner in consistency.
- Pour warmed honey into seed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to lined pan and press down until even on top, I like to press the top down with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool in pan.
- Remove from pan and slice into long bars or smaller rectangles/squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days - 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes