Hello Friends! What do we have here? Salted Chocolate Cookies! Ready to indulge?
My go-to cookies recipe created into these scrumptious chocolate cookies seasoned with just the right amount of salt. Too much salt is a big no no and not enough salt will leave you wondering ‘why did you call them salted cookies?’. Don’t worry, I got you covered!
You have seen the salted caramel flavour many times but now we are keeping it simple but still a little fancier, salted chocolate is a true winner. It’s perfect for those of you who don’t overly love a strong chocolate flavour in your snacks, the salt balances this is out beautifully. They have a bitter sweetness going on, that sort of concept, know what I mean? Hehe!
You’ll also be adding some chocolate chips into your cookie batter too because whats a chocolate cookie without chocolate chips?! Sacrilege, that’s what!
If cookies are your ideal snack then please do yourself a favour and add these salted chocolate cookies to your recipe repertoire, with love from me 😀 x
PS. Remember, you’re the ‘Salt Bae’ when you sprinkle in the salt….
Salted Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt I used Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil room temperature, not melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened coconut oil and using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, lightly whisk oil for a few seconds to break it down. Add coconut sugar and beat until well combined and fluffy. NOTE: Add a splash of milk if your oil and sugar isn’t mixing together.
- Add egg and vanilla, whisk until light and smooth, approx. 15-20 seconds.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until it begins to form a soft dough.
- Slowly beat through chocolate chips.
- Form into a soft dough, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls/cookies. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them slightly, you don’t want them as a complete ball so press them down halfway. Leaving 2 inches between each cookie as they do spread.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little sea salt and slightly press them into the cookies. NOTE: grind up your sea salt a little if you don’t want larger chunks.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!