It’s going to be a scorcher today, therefore, Salted Caramel Chocolate Milkshakes all round!!
What’s fabulous about these milkshakes is that they’re vegan and gluten free! WOOHOO!! It’s so easy you guys, if you can find dairy free (coconut based) ice cream (health food stores should sell it) and vegan/gluten free chocolate sauce (again, check your health food store) and almond milk, wow, that was a long sentence! I know it sounds difficult but if you’re already a vegetarian/vegan, you will already know exactly where to find these items!
I had to make these milkshakes salted caramel flavour because it sounds like such a luxury to have a salted caramel milkshake doesn’t it? I think so! Oh they’re so wonderfully delicious!
You know what you need to wash these milkshakes down with? These rich One Bowl Flourless Chocolate Brownies! Ok, so that may be the other way around. You will need these milkshakes to wash down these brownies! What I’m getting at it is that I enjoyed my milkshake whilst consuming a desirable amount of these beautiful chocolatey brownies, I dare you to do the same!
As I said, it’s going to be a scorcher today, a top of 38 degrees celsius (100 degrees fahrenheit), yes my friends, that’s hot hot hot!! I will definitely be making milkshakes, and popsicles and more milkshakes!
What’s your favourite milkshake flavour? Growing up, mine was always chocolate, everything chocolate! Since eliminating most dairy (or at least trying too) I avoided milkshakes because I always thought it was too difficult because I wasn’t aware that store bought dairy free ice cream actually existed, I’m so happy it does!! Now I think I’ll be creating a whole collection of various dairy free milkshakes, how could I not?!
As an extra touch of awesomeness to these milkshakes, get fancy and add a little drip chocolate decoration to the rims, sprinkle it with crushed peanuts (yum!) and add a cherry on top! Oh these are so glorious, enjoy!
- Milkshake Ingredients
- 2-3 cups almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- ⅓ cup chocolate sauce, vegan if possible
- 4-5 scoops dairy free salted caramel ice cream
- 20g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, crushed
- Extra scoop of ice cream
- Fresh cherries, to serve
- Add all milkshake ingredients into a high speed blender, blend on high until smooth and well combined. The amount of milk and scoops of ice cream will depend on the quantity of milkshakes you want to make, this recipe serves 2-3.
- Optional glass decoration: Dip each glass rim into melted chocolate, keep it upright whilst it drizzles down. Sprinkle chocolate with crushed peanuts and refrigerate until set.
- Pour milkshake into glasses. Top with an extra scoop of ice cream and a cherry on top!
I found my dairy free ice cream from my local health food store, from the brand: Zebra Dream