Today we’re combining two of the greatest, rocky road and cookies! Taking your classic chocolate cookie recipe to the next level with just a few extra ingredients, it’s that simple.
Adding some of the classic rocky road ingredients; desiccated coconut, macadamias, marshmallows and of course, chocolate! Bake a batch of these cookies to enjoy throughout your week (an ideal sweet snack) or bring them along with you to a party and your friends will forever be grateful 😉
This chocolate cookie recipe is my all time favourite and so incredibly easy, that’s why I know you will also love making them and the best part, gobbling them up once ready. I also recommend you sneak one of your freshly baked cookies a few moments after they come out of your oven, those golden marshmallows are just divine!
I hope you will be adding this rocky road cookie recipe to your repertoire, enjoy!
Rocky Road Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder, I use Dutch-process cocoa
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened at room temperature, not melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole macadamias, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, coconut, baking powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand beater or using a stand mixer, add softened coconut oil, coconut sugar and milk. Beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until light and smooth, approx. 15-20 seconds.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until it begins to form a soft dough.
- Slowly beat through chocolate chips, macadamias and marshmallows.
- Form into a soft dough, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls/cookies. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them slightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cracks appear on top and marshmallows are golden.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!