- Prep Time: 30m
- Total Time: 1h 30m
- Yield: 15-20 squares
- Category: Slices & Bars
- 2 x 200g packets plain arrowroot biscuits (gluten free)*
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 1/2 cups condensed milk**
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 50 grams white chocolate, melted
- 50 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 60 grams butter, chopped into chunks
- 3 cups icing sugar, gluten free
- 3 -4 Tbsp almond milk
- Line a 10 x 10 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, add 1 packet of the biscuits and process until a fine crumb. Pour into a mixing bowl. Repeat with the second packet of biscuits.
- Add crushed biscuits to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir through desiccated coconut.
- Add the lemon juice and condensed milk.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, you may find it easier to mix it using your hands.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the prepared pan and place into the refrigerator.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt both of the chocolates together. Begin frosting while chocolate is melting but remember to stir the chocolate every now and then.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, add butter. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the butter for 30 seconds or until just soft.
- Gradually add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- If the chocolate is done, take it off the heat to let it cool slightly.
- Between the addition of the icing sugar, add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, beat well.
- Add melted chocolate and beat mixture for a further 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Evenly spread frosting on top of the base and place back into the refrigerator until set, approximately 1 hour.
- Keep slice in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 10 days, if it lasts that long ;)
- * Any Plain sweet biscuit/cookie will do. ** You can also use condensed coconut milk.